Diversity & Inclusion Keynote Speaker
One of the first Royal Air Force openly gay pilots
Pilot to the Royal Family and Prime Minister
Airline and former Royal Air Force pilot Matt Lindley talks candidly about being one of the first openly gay pilots in the Armed Forces. Listen to his journey of having a childhood dream to fly, almost crushed by a ban on gay serving personnel in the Forces. Matt describes how he consciously suppressed his sexuality and joined an organisation knowing that being 'out' would have resulted in a possible prison sentence. His story is one of self-motivation, determination, and drive which led to a dream being fulfilled. Matt describes how the RAF adapted its culture from one of open hostility towards gay personnel, to acceptance and support. He also speaks frankly about mental resilience and its impact on employee performance.
But this is not just another 'coming out story', instead Matt uses his experience, to highlight the benefits of positive culture change and how to be an inclusive leader. This good new story ultimately affects the productivity of an organisation. He uses his human factors and psychology knowledge to link well-being, stress and ultimately performance of the indivivdual.
- Culture / transformational change
- Goal setting & focus
- Decision making under pressure
- Emotional Intelligence and empathy
- Personal and business resilience
- Bullying in the workplace
- Stress management and its effect on performance
- Mental strength and resilience
- Inspirational senior leadership - different styles and their effectiveness